Sunday, June 24, 2012

Begin at the beginning

It's sixteen weeks until the Melbourne Marathon Festival, Sunday 14th October. Sixteen weeks in which to prepare ourselves - mind and body - for the event. There are a few of us training for this event together, though we all have different aims and will be running a range of different distances on the day.
I'm aiming to run the full marathon distance, and it'll be my first time. I love distance running, but I'm already terrified, and the voices of doubt have already begun piping up during my runs. (But it's so far! Think how much it will hurt! Maybe you should just do the half, like last time, y'know? etc) Nevertheless, I'm determined to grind out sixteen solid weeks of training and then face the race with realistic goals and some serious determination.
And so we begin at the beginning.
--
Helen's session today: speedwork.
w/u 2700m; 8x400m on 2'00 with 2'00 jog recovery; c/d 2700m. Total: 10.3 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment